Location: Calistoga, CA (Napa Region)
Contact Info: 580 Lommel Road, Calistoga, CA 94515 707.531.4790
Number of Units: 48
Resort Opening: 2004
Type: Individual lodges
Desirable Locations: In my opinion, the Oak Creek spa lodges (units 128-132) have a nice location on property with privacy facing the creek. The optimal stay is in the two-bedroom Estate Lodge by the lake.
Unique Attributes of this Property:
- Indoor/outdoor living experience
- Private outdoor shower
- Large decks with fireplaces and some with spas
- Peaceful, wooded setting surrounded by beautiful oak trees
- Located in the midst of California’s wine region
- Wine Cave available for private events
- Bocci Ball courts
- Vineyard and private label wine
- Wine seminars and classes
Pools: (1) main pool, soaking pools at spa
Spa: The Boathouse is the on-site spa. No spa usage fee is imposed if a treatment is booked. There is a $25 day fee for use of the spa with no treatment.
Nibbles and Libations:
- The Lakehouse is the resort’s on-site restaurant and is open for breakfast, lunch and dinner.
- A bar lounge is located at The Lakehouse and is open until 11pm.
- 24 hour room service is available.
- Poolside service is available seasonally.
- Picnic baskets can be ordered for day trips.
- Mini-bars are well stocked in each room (crackers, artichoke dip, nuts and other yummies, see more info below).
- Originally stocked mini-bar items at check in are complimentary – if you request that items consumed be refilled, you will be charged for those restocked items, if consumed.
- Mercedes-Benz loaner program. The resort offers use of their Mercedes-Benz cars on a complimentary, first come-first serve basis for up to 4 hours. This is a fun activity on a sunny day in one of their convertible models.
Staff and Service:
- The Front Desk was very professional and friendly upon arrival. I always inquire about an upgrade at check-in and didn’t feel there was much effort in trying to accommodate that request; however, in all fairness, it was Thanksgiving weekend and they may have been almost at capacity.
- Housekeeping was responsive and professional with my requests.
- The Room Service staff was professional. I ordered dinner one evening and breakfast one morning. The breakfast was a tad bit slow in delivery and they did forget an item that was ordered so I had to request it be delivered again. The item came fairly quickly.
- Overall, I found the staff professional, friendly and accommodating.
Pet Friendly: Extremely! The dogs are treated as well as the human guests. Fluffy beds, feed/water bowls along with some treats in a wine bottle are provided for your pet. There is a $125 flat fee per stay.
- Be aware, some staff drive quite quickly in their carts ~ it can be a little startling.
- I checked out right at noon, as some others did, and had to wait about 20 minutes to even get the attention of a bellman to pick up my bags from the room and have my car brought around. I’m sure this is not always the case, but if you’re in a hurry, allow a little extra time.