Date of Stay: February 2014
Location: Downtown Seattle, WA by the waterfront
Contact Info: 99 Union Street, Seattle, WA 206.749.7000
Number of Rooms: 147
Resort Opening: 2008
Type: High-Rise Building
City View, Partial Bay-View, Deluxe Bay-View, Corner Elliot Bay Suite, Deluxe Elliot Bay Suite, Governor’s Suite, Presidential Suite
Desirable Room Locations:
In my opinion, try to get on the highest floor possible for the best view. In the Deluxe Bay View room I stayed in room 821 which was a very nice location. It was one of the rooms furthest away from the elevators. In the Corner Elliot Bay Suite, I stayed on the 10th floor in room 1001 which had great corner views of the Bay. Also, if you do stay in a corner view room, the better views to be had are on the right side of the building facing toward the Olympic Mountains.
Unique Attributes of this Property
- Four Seasons Seattle is the only Forbes Five Star rated hotel in the state of Washington.
- The Spa is a Forbes Four Star rated spa.
- The hotel displays a vast collection of artwork throughout the property and offers a self-guided art tour ~ pick up the self-guided art brochure at the Front Desk.
- Stuffed fish market toss for kids.
- Located waterfront.
- Only edgeless pool in Seattle.
- Wine and Cheese Happy Hour; Market TV Trays and Late Night Happy Hour (some offerings are seasonal).
- Excellent location to the Pike Place Market, Seattle Art Museum and other attractions.
- Will loan workout clothes if you forgot yours.
- Fran’s Chocolates is located in the lobby.
- If you have the concierge book your dinner reservations, there are certain restaurants where they can get you a free dessert.
- In-house car/driver, on a first come/first serve basis, that will take you anywhere within a 2 mile distance.
- Minbar Happy Hour discount.
6,000 sq. ft. spa, 8 treatment rooms including a couples suite with tub, shower and view, nail salon but no hair salon. Guests may use the steam room, sauna and 24 hour fitness room complimentary.
- ART Restaurant is the resort’s on-site restaurant and is open for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Dishes are made with fresh Market ingredients.
- ART Lounge is located off the lobby next to the restaurant with views of Elliot Bay. Enjoy one of their signature cocktails such as the Lusty Lady.
- Happy hour available daily in the lounge.
- 24 hour room service is available with a 15 minute Express Menu option.
- Poolside service is available seasonally.
- Minibars and snacks for purchase are in each room
Staff and Service:
- The Front Desk was very professional and friendly and truly makes an effort to place you in the best room available.
- Housekeeping was responsive and professional with requests.
- The Room Service staff was professional and was delivered in a very timely manner. Not to mention that they have the 15 minute express menu if you are in a hurry.
- The Doormen are friendly and always will to help with luggage, directions, providing umbrellas and they also serve as the hotel drivers when you want to use the car service. I found them to be very helpful and informative when I inquired about the city and places to go.
- The Concierge staff was great in helping to arrange dinner reservations, a Seaplane ride and an Underground tour. They seemed to have knowledge about and access to many activities around town.
The hotel is pet friendly for small dogs approx. up to 15 lbs.
- Rooms do not have a coffee maker in them but they will deliver one to you upon request.